You are not connected. Please login or register

Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:11 am

The_Dutch_Prince

Freshmen
Freshmen
Quickdraw Synchron and his buddies

I know it has been a long time i have made a written article about cards, decks or rules of the wonderful game called Yugioh. So as I promised some people in Hamachi ; a new article made by yours truly to help you guys understand the cards better and appreciate them more than you already do.

As the Title might suggest the card I would like to bring under your attention is:

Quickdraw Synchron:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You can send 1 monster from your hand to the Graveyard and Special Summon this card from your hand. You can substitute this card for any 1 "Synchron" Tuner for a Synchro Summon. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a monster that lists a "Synchron" monster as a Tuner monster.

How can this be such a great card in order for me to make an article about it, well it’s quite simple. You can use this card in so many ways that I cannot even mention them all but I will try:

1: For a synchro summon ( since it’s a free level 5 tuner if you have the right cards to discard )
2: Easy fodder for a tribute a.k Caius the Shadow Monarch.
3: Quickdraw has the awesome ability to be used for all Yusei Fudo’s “ Junk” Synchro monsters.

About way number 3 I would like to continue at this point by giving you some insight over the most played “Junk” synchro monsters in KCVDS. We have:

1: Drill Warrior
2: Nitro Warrior
3: Turbo Warrior
4: Junk Archer

Drill Warrior:

"Drill Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters.
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can halve this card's ATK (permanently). If you do, it can attack your opponent directly this turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play. During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon this card, if removed by this effect. Then, add 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

Let me start by saying this card is a Beast and a game winner in my opinion. Why would I say that:
This card has such an awesome effect that I have to cut it down into little pieces. First part of his effect:

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can halve this card's ATK (permanently). If you do, it can attack your opponent directly this turn.

This means you can halve its attack points to 1200 and poke for 1200. This can only be done in your main phase 1 or 2, of course you will do it in main phase 1 but still. It will stay halved until Drill Warrior leaves the field and this is also why I love this card cause here is the other part of his effect:

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play.

When you activate this effect in your main phase something sweet happens and this can be explained just by the words on the card itself. The effect says ‘’ you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play’’ meaning both parts of the effect resolve at the same time, so if your opponent chains Book of Moon causing you to flip your Drill warrior facedown in defense mode you won’t have to discard since it isn’t a cost. This is so awesome since you won’t lose hand advantage and preserve the card you wanted to discard for the next turn or for some other combo you have up your sleeve.

Now on the most tricky part of his effect:

During your next Standby Phase, Special Summon this card, if removed by this effect. Then, add 1 Monster Card from your Graveyard to your hand.

When in your standby phase you special summon this card from the RFG zone and this is the part where some mistakes are being made since you cannot use cards like Bottomless Trap hole or Torrential Tribute when Drill Warrior is special summoned this way.

Why not; This is because when Drill warrior specials summons itself back from the RFG zone his secondary effect activates immediately by adding a card from your graveyard to your hand and therefore Bottomless Trap hole or Torrential Tribute misses the timing.
This is mostly overlooked and therefore I have seen a lot of misplays or rather ruling mistakes. I hope I have cleared this out for you all to avoid further ruling mistakes regarding Drill Warrior.

Nitro Warrior:

“Nitro Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters
Once during each of your turns, if you activated a Spell Card(s), this card gains 1000 ATK during its next attack, for damage calculation only. Once per turn, if this attacking card destroys an opponent's Monster by battle, you can change 1 face-up Defense Position monster your opponent controls to Attack Position, and attack it with this card.

Also this is just an awesome card and will stay that until the game of Yugioh dies in my opinion, why would I make such a bold statement is because:

Nitro warrior effect to gain 1000 extra attack points after a Spell card has been played while he is face-up on the field is just awesome. Example; Synchro summon Nitro Warrior and play Pot of Avarice. Go into you Battle phase attack a monster which you most likely will destroy with Nitro cause his attack is 3800. After that monster has been destroyed you can change a face-up defense positioned monster in attack mode and attack again. The beauty of this card in this format is; Dandylion is semi-limited and abused a lot in all sorts of decks meaning there will be a lot of defense positioned Dandylion tokens which you can destroy with a devastating attack of 2800. Almost always meaning game.

Turbo Warrior:

"Turbo Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card attacks a Level 6 or higher Synchro Monster, halve the monster's ATK until the end of the Damage Step. This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Level 6 or lower monsters.

I will start by saying this card rapes decks on his own, how can he do that. I will enlarge its effect for you all so you know what I mean that he rapes decks by himself.
First part: When this card attacks a Level 6 or higher Synchro Monster, halve the monster's ATK until the end of the Damage Step.

Meaning he can basically take out every synchro monster in the game example: Goyo Guardian, Red Dragon Archfiend, Thought Ruler Archfiend, Mist Wurm, Stardust Dragon etc.
The second part is just as good as the first if not better, cause this is the reason why Turbo Warrior rapes decks:

This card cannot be targeted by the effects of Level 6 or lower monsters.
This effect basically says ok screw your: Caius, Raiza, Ryko, Brionac, Penguin Soldier, Celestia, GB Murmillo etc.

It’s just beastly to have him out, although not many people play him in KCVDS, but I never leave home without in sort of speak of course when I play with this deck ( deck list will follow later on so you all can enjoy this ).

Junk Archer:

"Junk Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn you can remove 1 monster your opponent controls from play. During the End Phase, the removed monster returns to the opponent's side of the field, in the same Battle Position.

His effect is tricky and requires some insight in your opponent hand and play style. Since the monster you remove with this effect will return in the end phase and in the same battle position meaning a face-down Ryko Lightsworn Hunter will still be dangerous or monsters like Sangan and Dandylion as fodders for Caius the Shadow Monarch. On the other hand you can get passed almost any monster in the game which is a problem for you for example if you need to get rid of those back rows and you have Heavy Storm but your opponents Stardust Dragon is in the way it’s helpful. But because the monsters return to the field in the same battle position it’s a tricky card to use and like I said before you have to think twice before playing this card and its effect to bring out its full potential.

Now you guys have read up on the buddies of Quickdraw Synchron I just know you guys want to get started with them so let me give you an example of a deck in which all of them are fully usable and even needed in my opinion. So here is my deck as promised:

Total deck:

Monsters: 22

1 Light and Darkness Dragon
1 Gorz
2 Caius
1 Tytannial
2 Lonefire Blossom
2 Dandylion
2 Debris Dragon
2 Quickdraw Synchron
3 Ryko
2 Mega-Super Sexy Hamsters
1 Sangan
1 Morphing Jar
1 Card Trooper
1 Night Assailant

Spells: 8

2 Pot of Avarice
2 Book of Moon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Brain Control
1 Foolish Burial

Traps: 10

2 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dust Tornado
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Mirror Force

Extra deck:

2x Drill Warrior
1x Nitro Warrior
1x Turbo Warrior
1x Junk Archer

The rest is all up to you since it becomes a standard extra deck in my opinion and I don’t think I have to tell you guys that.

As a side note most people say you just have to play 1 Drill warrior but I prefer 2 because of the fact it can be destroyed pretty easily and even negated by Royal Oppression and Solemn Judgment.

I hereby approve if you want to net deck this deck list. Why, this deck is just a beast and so much fun to play with and I can’t hold this one behind the scenes for you all.

I hope you enjoyed the article and the deck if you have taken it over and tested it out for yourself.

http://darkarmeddragon.motionforum.net

2 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:55 am

Loto Drandel

Adminstrator
Adminstrator
is it fine if i use this recipe if i alter it a bit or is that prohibited? just wondering b/c i have a few ideas as to tweak it

3 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:00 am

H3R0_ELITE

Graphic Team Member
Graphic Team Member
nice 9/10
i like to use him with dark simorgh

Spoiler:
me and kingmp talking
[15:45:39] >> i love ur goddamn works
[15:45:39] >> -_-
[15:45:48] << lmaoooo'
[15:45:50] << thnx
[15:45:54] >> they're so epic amazing O_o
[15:46:01] << [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[15:46:05] >> dont even waste ur time in dueling
[15:46:06] << thnx bruh bruh
[15:46:10] << lmaoooo

4 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:28 pm

BERKAY

Freshmen
Freshmen
i read all thx so much Wink 10/10

it bewildered me. its really awesome effect.

"The effect says ‘’ you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play’’ meaning both parts of the effect resolve at the same time, so if your opponent chains Book of Moon causing you to flip your Drill warrior facedown in defense mode you won’t have to discard since it isn’t a cost. This is so awesome since you won’t lose hand advantage and preserve the card you wanted to discard for the next turn or for some other combo you have up your sleeve"

and i have a question.do u think we should use often first effect of Drill Warrior ?

5 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:35 pm

RoA-Dartz

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk
Yes, indeed. Quickdraw was seen to provide a tough competition for all the duelists in the 75th SJC which recently took place.

The decklist provided by TDP is the very base of the deck, people make their own variants by the so called "tweaking".

I also think that the best synchro you can get with quickdraw is nitro.

GJ and KIU to TDP for a nice article. cheers

6 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 am

The_Dutch_Prince

Freshmen
Freshmen
BERKAY wrote:i read all thx so much Wink 10/10

it bewildered me. its really awesome effect.

"The effect says ‘’ you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play’’ meaning both parts of the effect resolve at the same time, so if your opponent chains Book of Moon causing you to flip your Drill warrior facedown in defense mode you won’t have to discard since it isn’t a cost. This is so awesome since you won’t lose hand advantage and preserve the card you wanted to discard for the next turn or for some other combo you have up your sleeve"

and i have a question.do u think we should use often first effect of Drill Warrior ?

If your opponent has monsters that you can kill or you read a Ryko, Dandylion off your opponents FD monster(s) yes go with the 1200 poke. If you have a clear field go with the full 2400 ofc.

7 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:38 am

BERKAY

Freshmen
Freshmen
i get it thx TDP Wink

8 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Wed May 26, 2010 5:34 am

Evil_Bakura

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk
The_Dutch_Prince wrote:When you activate this effect in your main phase something sweet happens
and this can be explained just by the words on the card itself. The
effect says ‘’ you can discard 1 card and remove this card from play’’
meaning both parts of the effect resolve at the same time, so if your
opponent chains Book of Moon causing you to flip your Drill warrior
facedown in defense mode you won’t have to discard since it isn’t a
cost. This is so awesome since you won’t lose hand advantage and
preserve the card you wanted to discard for the next turn or for some
other combo you have up your sleeve.

Just thought I'd read some article and saw this as I was reading.

If Book of Moon is chained to it's 2nd effect, you still discard and Drill Warrior will still be removed while face-down.

If Compulsory, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, Raigeki Break etc. is chained to it's 2nd effect, you still discard, but you do not remove it.

Good article btw. Looking forward to more stuff from you.

Edit: Your deck is actually identical to Jeff Jones's deck that won the 75th SJC with the exception of +1 Gorz, -1 Pot of Avarice. Ah well. I guess all Quickdraw decks look alike or something.

9 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Wed May 26, 2010 8:03 am

The_Dutch_Prince

Freshmen
Freshmen
lol and again people that quote this part are wrong but meh i like that you try to help out.

The reason why i make this comment in the way it is is becase of the Semi-offcial rule about Drill Warrior ( since drill warrior is unique in his was ).

If you Chain "Book of Moon" to the effect of "Drill Warrior" which removes it from play, then "Drill Warrior" is still removed from play.[2]

Discarding 1 card and removing “Drill Warrior” from play are both part of the same Ignition Effect. Discarding the card is not a cost.[1]

If you want to truely help, get some information before you make comments pls.

Wikia explains it all

Edit: Reaction to your Edit since i just noticed:

The deck is the very base of the entire concept/theme/archtype. My own deck which i use is very different from this build, but its all up yourself to tweak the deck to your preferences.

10 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 am

BM Joker

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk
wow tdp seriously i love this article!!! (Y) 11/10!! xD
these cards look really cool,and theyre also good. WoW i start like them xD
and a really nice deck list,ill check this deck out later,but now good night (: XD (:

11 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu May 27, 2010 2:56 am

Evil_Bakura

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk
Wikia explains it all? Good logic. Good logic indeed...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As I said before. You discard and it will be removed, so what you said in the guide was wrong.

To the other part:

I know that discarding a card is not a cost, however, Drill Warrior will still try to resolve as much as possible, so he will discard a card when the effect resolves, but will not be removed as it has already been removed from the field by another card effect.

To the last part:

In the guide you said "Here is my deck". That sounds like you made it, when it's just a replica of another guy's build.

The_Dutch_Prince wrote:If you want to truely help, get some information before you make comments pls.
Right back at ya!

12 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu May 27, 2010 4:11 am

The_Dutch_Prince

Freshmen
Freshmen
few reactions once again:

1ste: i made the article at: 9-4-2010. which means ( directly means ) the Semi offcial rule wasnt there at that time and therefore the part which you quoted and started this is/was correct at that time. Rulings have been developed ( and still arent finished ).

2nd: when the rulings werent absolute at the time of me making this article ( a friend of mine is real life judge in Dutch tournaments ) told me so that the judge will notify you that you can chose cause of the counter rulings ( 1 said you cant 1 say it works ) can chose to continue with the discarding or not. This is why i putted it in like that. Maybe my chioce of words isnt perfect for it in the article but meh too late at this time lol .

making my statement in MY artcile correct at that time, and like every other article it gets outdated and therefore false ( in a few parts of explaining ).

3rd: The deck comment you made:

It is my deck since i tweaked it ( there in no deck concept in this world that is unique or w.e so there is no eck that belongs to anyone of us ) however if you tweak a deck it becomes yours due to the tweaks ( preferences ) you make it your own.

The deck list provided in this article is indeed a look a like of Jeff Jones's deck he used in the SJC but that doesnt mean a copy or w.e besides the SJC event in which Jeff Jones won with the Dandywarrior deck was at 24/25 -4 -2010.

4th: I dont see why you get affended by " If you truely want to help, get some information before you make a comment pls " due to the simple fact i thanked you for trying to help, explained why you are wrong and giving you advice how to make sure it wont happen again by doing more research but meh.

5th: Again if you want to help get more information and facts about the matter.

13 Re: Qudraw Synchron and his Buddies on Thu May 27, 2010 5:25 am

Evil_Bakura

Level 1 Obelisk
Level 1 Obelisk
I know that ruling wasn't made when you made this article. I just saw this misruling as I was reading some of the articles here and thought I'd let you know, in case you hadn't seen it, so people didn't have the wrong understanding of how it works.

A judge said you can choose to discard or not? That sounds insanely weird to me. Either you don't discard, or you do. No offense to your friend though, as it was just his way of interpreting it.
And I'm fairly sure that it isn't a Drill Warrior-only ruling.

You say there is no deck concept in this world that is unique so there is no deck that belongs to any of us. Wiki says:
"Disaster Dragon is an aggressive control oriented Deck, created
by Richard Clarke"
Seems he's the one who first came up with that idea, so the deck he made there is his deck. If everyone then goes and uses the excact same cards, it will still be his deck that they took.
Not saying that noone can ever make a disaster dragon deck and call it their own, just saying that if there is a deck different than all others and you go and copy it, it's not your deck.

I wasn't offended by that. I have no problem with you trying to explain why you think I'm wrong. But when you say "if you wanna help, go research and then comment. (adding the pls in the end makes it seem like a smart-:****: remark to me), shouldn't be said unless you are 100% certain you are correct. Turns out you did have that ruling wrong.

About your 5th reply. I do wanna help. I only brought it up in the first place so you could edit your post so other people reading this wouldn't make misplays when they use Drill Warrior.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum